The production assistant supports the logistics department (as well as other departments based on the production structure) logistically so that the different members of the production team have the necessary informational and material resources to carry out their respective mandates. He works under the supervision of the logistics manager and/or the logistics assistant manager, or if applicable, production manager and/or the producer.
More specifically (but without limiting the generality of the foregoing), the production assistant performs most or all of the following tasks:
- Supports production team members by ensuring the handling, maintenance, storage, etc., of the material resources they need;
- Ensures the transmission of documents and/or information between production team members;
- Assists production team members by filling out, if necessary, forms and reports related to their work;
- Assists the logistics manager and/or assistant logistics manager (or, if applicable, the director of production and/or the producer) in managing the flow of people, vehicles, equipment, and materials on set, especially by managing circulation;
- Performs any other non-specialized task necessary to ensure the smooth running of the production;
- Manages general safety, signage, and parking;
- Manages caterers and craft service;
- Manages communications on set.
*Please note that the masculine gender has been used to facilitate reading and is not intended to be discriminatory.